Podiatry & Chiropody in Paphos & Peyia
We are waiting for your call.
(+357) 99 938587
Covid-19 Latest Update
Paphos Podiatrist – Diabetes
People with diabetes are at great risk of having foot problems. Uncontrolled diabetes can damage the nerves and blood vessels situated in the feet.
Just like general check-ups, foot check-ups need to be done regularly to patients with Diabetes. It is best that a Diabetic Foot Examination is carried out once annually or more often if your doctor or podiatrist advises you to.
Red flags for feet if you have Diabetes:
- Redness and swelling of the feet, even if it’s not painful.
- Color changes to the feet and especially the toes, cold and pale feet.
- Numbness or burning sensation to the feet, hypersensitivity to touch.
- Calf muscle pain when walking or lying down.
- Very dry and cracked skin, blisters or any other wounds, no matter how small.